Headline on Google News:
Florida Teen Commits Suicide Live on Webcam
Are you kidding me?!
And it took 12 flippin' hours for someone to alert authorities and have them check the kid out who was of course dead by that point.
The real kicker? People laughed at the live feed. Laughed. The amount of hard heartedness in this world astonishes me on a daily basis. How can you laugh when someone has died? Even someone you didn't know. How? How can a heart be so cold to someone's obvious sadness and lack of hope especially when the person is TELLING YOU WHILE STARING INTO A FREAKIN' WEBCAM? This type of thing makes my heart hurt.
Whether I know someone or not, I still feel a human connection. A deep down connection that, for me, has to be from the Master Creator. A tie that binds us all together, if you will. We are all part of the same human race and while I believe that there are evil doers among us, for the most part, I think we all strive for the same things in life. We all want happiness, love, someone to pick us up when we fall...
I just cannot fathom what went through the minds of the people/teenagers who sat there watching and doing nothing and then laughing when it was apparent this young man was dead. If nothing else, I believe that karma catches up eventually...whether it be here on this earth or on the day of judgement...how you treat others is how you will be treated.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It makes me incredibly sad. Incredibly sad.
ReplyDelete