How I dread this day each year. In fact, I don't know any woman that actually wants to go to her annual gyn exam. I did a major "grooming overhaul" the other day, but will still have to tidy up in the shower today. Thankfully the hubster said that he would do his best to make it home for E & D. E is too young to leave alone in a waiting room and the thought of having a child with me while I am in the "pose" is horrifying. D is at school and I'm not sure I'll make it home on time for his bus. Oddly enough, I also had a dentist appointment scheduled. I decided that I would change that. It means I have to take an extra trip back into civilization next week, but it may be a child free visit.
My stomach has been in knots all morning. The scale is forever where it seems it will stay despite the continuing exercise efforts. I hope beyond hope that my blood pressure will be better. March. I've been exercising almost daily since mid-March. I started exercising after being so sick for what seemed like months. Once I saw the GP and my BP was a bit high, it hit me that things weren't just going to get better. Once I felt like myself (once the meds kicked the left over bronchitis & rotten sinus infection in the pants), I decided to dust off the treadmill and the beginner's pilates DVD. I rotated between the two each day and then one day I decided to do both. I did that for over a month and also added in hand weights for arm exercises during my cool down on the treadmill. 3 months of exercise. No huge improvements that I can see except I know I'm better even if just a tiny bit.
What the heck else can I do? I guess I could cut all sweets out of my diet, but I know I can't. Why? I don't want to. I like food. I like good food. I cook as healthy as possible, but I'm not going to give up sweets. Last night I logged another 2+ miles on the treadmill because I was so cranky and stressed with misbehaving children. I wasn't going to push myself - said I was just going to do a leisurely stroll. Hahahaha I am competitive even with myself. While I didn't come even near my all time best, I didn't slack off either. Truth be told, I felt better after. I think maybe doing a couple miles each night couldn't hurt. I mean, that means I'll be burning about 700 calories with exercise per day. Maybe that will make the scale move....?
Off to tread for this morning. Important to making sure my BP is ok. Although I think that my case of nerves are going to spike it up anyway. Gah. Well, at least I might get a prescription for the UTI that I've seemed to come down with, right?! Gotta stay positive....
UPDATE! My exam went well. The scale was not nice, but my NP said that the fact that I've lost some inches and that my BP is perfect is reason to be happy. She said to just keep doing what I'm doing (and to fuel my body better during the daytime hours to help my metabolism keep spinning). I'm beyond happy. No seriously. I could do a freakin' jig!
As a side note, I also am a candidate for a sling for my bladder and when I'm able to have 6-8 weeks of no lifting (read that as Emma is better at pottying herself), I can make the appt. to discuss the procedure & get it in the works! WOOOHOOO!
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I will get jiggy with you. You did GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT!
ReplyDeleteGetting jiggy as well... :O)
ReplyDeleteThat's great news that your appointment went so well! And you go girl with all that exercising!!! Good for you!
ReplyDelete