Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Less Judgmental

We all make mistakes. Some bigger than others. It is easy to sit and watch someone else make a mistake and be all over it with what they should have done when really all you want when you are the one making the mistake is some understanding, love and perhaps, even a bit of sympathy.

Becoming less judgmental hasn't always been an easy road for me. Being a part of that unnamed baby website's debate board gave me a really good place to start though. I learned through reading, debating, getting angry and sometimes even crying that it takes all sorts of people to make the world go 'round. My path is my own and I know that I cannot dictate what others choose to do nor can I be someone else's moral compass. We all have to live & learn in our own way.

I like the words of a popular song "...the more I see, the less I know...". It fits me a little better each day that I grow older. Some people say you get wiser with age, but I think what really happens is that you realize things aren't always black & white.

1 comment:

  1. it's funny really... as I get older I find that my tolerance level for some things is much greater and for other things that it has disappeared completely.

    Guess that's what they mean about wisdom coming with age huh?

    ReplyDelete