Oh for goodness sake - can we ever get a fuckin' break here?
The daytime caregiver quit this morning. Many reasons...one being that my stepfather's family is manipulative, she isn't fond of the afternoon caregiver (who apparently is actually LIVING in my mother's house) and that the granddaughter who stole money from them is now starting to "take over" again.
That means that my mother's only "daily basis" advocate (and I don't think she was terribly strong) is gone. That means that my mother has no choice, but to be battered by this granddaughter, a caregiver she hates and miserable....and we know things haven't changed.
I'm done. I'm fried. As is my brother. We can't take her in. We can't put her in a home. We cannot do a fucking thing because they have all the control even though my mother's name is on the deed of the house.
I've put a call into the social worker I met with yesterday. I am contemplating calling social services and giving a report to Elderly Abuse. I just don't understand why my Mom is always the bad guy in this situation - why no one will help us protect her....
If you pray, please do. If not, good thoughts that we can figure out what our next move should be.
Thursday, August 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
oh no! I am so sorry! Absolutely make the call. You definitely are in my thoughts! (((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry you're going through this. HUGS
ReplyDeletePrayers coming... and I will call you in the am.
ReplyDeleteI think this totally warrants a call to elder affairs, esp. as they have the power to help her.
hugs... :O(