Tuesday, March 13, 2012

What is *that*?!



So you might be wondering, "What are those things?" Or you might be saying, "Those look like recycled pants legs hanging on crutches." Well, here's the explanation.

So I've gone and broke my foot. I would love to tell you that it was while I was working out or something fantastic like that. Unfortunately, I can only tell you that I was dragging a full hamper of dirty laundry down the stairs from the upstairs hallway and managed to find a shoe on the very last stair to trip on. I heard a crack as I was falling and pretty much knew instantly that I had done something very bad. As I laid there howling not knowing what to do next, I was thankful that I wasn't alone. Jeremy and his pup were by my side inside 20 seconds. After getting up, crying, putting on some sweats, crying, brushing my hair & teeth, crying and getting a hold of my hubby who was at the dentist, I ended up in the ER. After having xrays and getting my splint and some nifty crutches, I was out the door and headed home.

I soon found out that crutches mean you cannot hold anything and walk at the same time. I had pockets in my pants, but they didn't hold much, but the home phone and my cell. And what happens when you have pants on without pockets? I mean, let's face it. My leg and foot are pretty wide now that they are splint covered. Pants choices are limited. Last night on a whim I decided to search "crutches" on Pinterest. I found a picture of a bag someone had made out of denim for crutches. The light bulb went on and so this morning after I made my way down the stairs on my butt, I went to work on making these nifty bags for MY crutches. I used pant legs cut off from some holey-kneed pants that I turned into shorts for the boys. So far they have held: my cell, the house phone, deodorant, perfume, underwear, sock (notice there is no plural there.../sigh/), bra, library book, scissors, duct tape, garbage bag (for covering foot/leg in shower), buttered toast (stored in a sandwich container) and a couple of Advil. I'd say the few hours of rudimentary sewing was a huge success!!

Now if only I could be miraculously healed..... /grin/

1 comment:

  1. Oh how clever you are!!! I'm so sorry about your poor foot :(((

    ReplyDelete