Monday, July 28, 2008

It's the big day

And I'm nervous as all heck.

Couldn't sleep last night until after midnight. Didn't sleep well and was awake with Chris' alarm around 6. Almost done with my coffee and then I need to eat a light breakfast, shower, take my meds and drink 24 oz. of water so that my bladder is nice and full for the procedure. Gah...maybe I should have had the bladder fixed first, eh?

And you realize that I get generic drugs (free so I shouldn't complain)...so I looked at the pills last night. The Ativan or some type of "pam" is little. No biggie. There are 4 of those. I think I'm supposed to take just one (I have to look over my instructions again). The ibuprofen? HOLY MOLY...size of a third world country and UNcoated...ICK...have to take one. On to the Vicodin (or hydrocodone) and it's more of the same and I have to get two of these babies down! For the love of PETE, why don't they put a coating on these darn things. I mean really - is it going to make the cost go up that much? Give me a good ol' capsule or gel cap any day. Hell, just give me some kind of damn coating so it doesn't start dissolving before it goes down my throat please.

So, with that bit of ranting (or would you say whining?) I'm off. I hope that this procedure goes well and that the AF's of old become just a distant memory. For what I wouldn't give to be done with super plus tampons and over night pads being changed every friggen hour on the hour for two days straight every month. Can't say I'll miss that!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck today!!! I'll keep you in my thoughts and heart all day long!!!

    LOVE YOU!!!!!

    Kick that period's arse!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you home yet? Guess not :( Hope it's going ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom has the same issue with giant pills. Me, I can swallow a handful of pills without a problem. How's the vicodin/lortab? You loopy? Are you in pain?

    I hope hope hope this solves all your period problems. That must be awful to deal with.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a headache and my mom gave me a tylenol coated in CANDY - seriously - I did not know they made those. I detest giant horsepills - feels like I'm trying to swallow a dirty sock.
    Here's hoping yours go down a little easier.
    Thinking of you and hope it's a big success!!

    ReplyDelete