Thursday, July 17, 2008

A new start?

I have friends. REAL friends. At first they were just IF's (Imaginary Friends/Internet Freaks), but now they are my LFF's. And really, while I call them IF's, they were so close to my heart before this meeting. The nightly chats were SO much fun. So, we all converged in Boston. Well, not really BOSTON - just on the outskirts really - in a town that my great uncle lived in. How weird is that?! He was a Christian Science preacher - betcha didn't know that did ya? And he gave the blessing at my wedding - I have it on video in case anyone wants to see.

So back to these friends - my LFF's. They did something for me and I'm not sure if they even realize it. For the first time ever, I feel likeable. I feel like I am worth something. I truly believe that I have something to offer that another woman actually would want in a friend and I don't have to change who I am! I have FOREVER sucked at making girlfriends. I have always gravitated towards men because they were easier for me to befriend. Guys don't come with a lot of drama, but they also don't always understand the way the female mind works. Big drawback. They also don't get AF, but that is more of a physical difference, anyway....

Anyway, so when I got home from this epiphanic (is that a word?) weekend, I decided to start changing some things in my life that I've grappled with for the last couple of years. One is my weight. In my late 20's and early 30's, it really didn't matter too much. It didn't affect me any more than I had to buy bigger clothes. As age creeps up on me (a little too fast I may add), it is starting to affect my overall well being. High blood pressure - high cholesterol - diabetes. All very real possibilities for me. I've got a 2yo. I still have a lot of work to do! So I joined the gym. $10/month, no contract, with a $20 start up fee and a $39 yearly fee. Ummm, yeah. No brainer. I've gone every day in the last week except 1. At a doctor appointment on Monday, my blood pressure was great compared to the last couple of times. That folks paid for my membership itself. Today I haven't gone yet, but I figure I could actually use my treadmill in my bedroom later or take one of the dogs for a walk around here instead. It's been incredibly busy with Safety Camp for David and Em's 2yo Well Baby check up.

I have other plans too. Like starting some courses at the local community college. Before I start though, my hubby would like me to speak with a local soil scientist to make sure this is really something I want to do. I think it is, but he's probably right. He usually is (and DON'T tell him that or I'll never be able to live with his big, fat head). Eventually, I'd like to actually add income to our family instead of just using it all up. By the way, if you'd like to read my money saving ideas, check out my latest post on BZ's HT: http://www.babyzone.com/community/Posts.asp?tpc=11869065&brd=407#11871582 (my s/n is trkeylips if you're not familiar).

So thank you to my awesome LFF's. You all showed me something that I didn't know I had in me. Thank you also for just liking me - quirkiness and all. I love you guys - muches & muches - always & forever. Oh and like one of these awesome friends said - unconDIRTionaly! :)

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJuly 17, 2008

    Yeah I noticed my misspelling but frankly, you have played WT with me and thus know my verbage is phenomenal (ahhhhh sarcasm is my friend).
    I am so glad that you're checking into that college bit for you sweetie. Finding that one thing no matter what is to just put just Di in and no one else. You might even take a course and think..."Dude this stinks the big one..." but then find something else. Its the beauty of just doing it for YOU! And *YOU* my friend totally deserve "Di time".
    Trust me when I say no need to thank me for liking you b/c frankly the gift is mine not yours :). You are likeable, you are wicked awesome, and you have a world to offer. Honestly and completely, I feel so blessed to be your friend. So blessed. If we lived closer I would give you the world's hugest of the huge of the huge hugs! Yep. Would.

    ReplyDelete