Firstly, I am thankful for my GP's office. Not only did they get me in yesterday afternoon (and earlier than expected), they gave me the news that they just started taking my insurance! Can I get a big huge WOOOHOOOO?! Seriously, I praised God all the way home. That was an absolute answer to prayer. I also received 5 days of a strong antibiotic to knock out whatever is left in my chest and my sinuses. I am still pretty stuffy, but hopeful that I'll start feeling much better by this weekend. Now I'm crossing my fingers that the acidophlis that I bought will counter the strong antibiotics and I won't need a prescription of Diflucan in a couple of days! I also have a boatload of fat free plain yogurt on hand and plan on making myself some mean strawberry smoothies!
Secondly, my appliances are all in working order. Yes, the fan on my convection oven is put back into place and my fridge's freezer is working as it should now that the dust and hair that was clogging the compressor has been vacuumed away. I was also told that my "excessive" sweeping was likely the reason why it clogged to begin with. Who woulda thunk that cleaning had such terrible consequences? bwaahaahaa I'll keep that little item for those days that I really don't want to sweep or vacuum! I was also told by my favorite appliance repair man that having another washer would be ideal for us. He said that all of our appliances basically will last half as long as the average person's because of all the wear and tear they get from 8 people. This perhaps will get the hubster's butt in gear to go over and get the free front loader the neighbors are giving us. Two front loaders means double the laundry being done at once!!!
Thirdly, it is 9:40am and Em hasn't peed her pants. She did wet them just a tiny bit first thing this morning, but it was partially my fault since she was stuck at the table (I was trying to get those middle boys on track so that they didn't miss the bus). Yesterday also was a "good" day. No accidents on my watch.
Fourth, well, it is a brand new day and I'm still here. I have a sinus headache (still), but I'm happy and content which makes everything a bit better.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WHOOHOO! Glad to see things are improving! SOOO happy you got in to see a doc!
ReplyDeleteYay - you are on your way to feeling better.
ReplyDeleteSpring is coming and Miss Emma peepee pants will be potty trained this summer!! Just think - no more diapers - Ah it's a beautiful thing.
Score on the 2nd front loader. It's a good day :)
Yeay for a doctor and insurance and stuff that works! Great news. Have to be anon as it won't me post as me, and me is Helen, who mist you xx
ReplyDeleteThat is such great news!
ReplyDeleteI hope that by now the meds have kicked in and you are feeling better (I am a slow blog follower!)