So the birthday and big bash party are over. Good times although I've come to the realization that parties held in my honor aren't as fun as I thought they'd be. I really am over being the center of attention. Now could someone please explain to me why the hell I feel like I am suffocating under sad thoughts and self medicating with food? I mean really? What gives?
I cannot put my finger on what the heck is going on in my brain. I feel down, but I don't know why and clearly eating cake for lunch and cheesecake for dinner is a self medicating thing for me. Sweets make me feel good. Of course, after I've consumed so much of them, I'm not feeling good. And sweet honey, my tummy is a flipping mess from all the junk.
I do not know why I am feeling sad. Things are going well here. Kids are doing ok except for the whole not listening part and total groundings that the middle boys are experiencing. Hubby and I are connecting on a regular basis and our relationship is at a point where I get butterflies in my tummy again just kissing him. There is plenty of work, food and we're catching up slowly, but surely.
Perhaps it is partly having a son that is about to graduate and has no firm plans for after graduation or just being tired of the whole dance routine which is quickly coming to an end for the year. I think most likely that turning 40 has brought about some feelings of "where am I going?". Me. What have I accomplished? I think I will always struggle with the fact that I haven't gone to college or had a major career outside being a Mom. Don't get me wrong, I think deep down I know that I am doing what I am meant to do right now, but that doesn't mean I don't think about what I could be doing once I'm done being a SAHM. I also look at my tired body and wonder why it was so easy to let it go and how freaking hard it is to make it into something I'm happy with. It feels like a never ending struggle to stay healthy and I never seem to lose any good amount of weight. Frankly, it's a real pain in the ass and I'm at the end of my rope struggling with it all. Knowing what you should be doing and doing it are two totally different things!
So right now I am going to put on some shorts, my running shoes and try to RUN the measly two miles up and down the side street. I am not bringing the dogs, but instead my iPod and I'm going to try and figure out what the hell is wrong with me. In the mean time, if you have any ideas on how I can get out of this funk, I'd appreciate it.
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I so know where you are. I love you, just as you are, and I have complete faith that your journey is proceeding as it is meant to.
ReplyDeleteI love you.
I have to say, I know where you are as well. (and I hate that so many of us seem to be in a funk, for all sorts of differnt reasons.) Meanwhile, hang in there and know how much you are loved!
ReplyDeleteI love you and hope that your funk passes quickly.
ReplyDeleteFunny that Sara mentions it and you do too...I too have been in a bit of a funk as of late. Its rough and its complicated more when you feel like you cannot get out of it.
ReplyDeleteI love you my dear and you're such an incredible person. I know those struggles are hard to turn your head from and so much easier to hear screaming at you then the compliments and wonderful things that are said so I am going to scream them at you...Here they go..
1) YOU ARE SO VERY FUNNY AND SO AWESOMELY DI
2) TWO MILES ISN'T MEASLY ITS TWO MILES! YOU ARE KICKING ARSE AND EVEN IF YOU DON'T SEE IT RIGHT AWAY THAT HEART OF YOURS IS LOVING IT!
3) NO COLLEGE DEGREE EQUATES TO THE AMAZING AMT OF LOVE AND BLESSINGS THAT YOUR CHILDREN HAVE BECAUSE OF YOU.
4) I LOVE YOU!!!