Friday, August 8, 2008

TGIF

Thank God it's Friday....
Why?

I think this term was made up for people who work outside of the home AND who do not ever work weekends. Seriously. What the heck is so good about Friday? I mean, they even named a restaurant TGIFridays...WHY?

When I worked outside of the home back when my two eldest were little, Fridays were good because I knew I had the weekend off, but I was TIRED from working the whole week. Saturday was a MUCH better day and led to a much fresher faced Di. Truth be told, Saturday nights were always the better night to go out and have fun.

Now that I've been retired from Accounting for over 13 years, Fridays aren't anything at all to me. It's just another day. No break. Sometimes even Saturdays don't feel like a break because my darling husband still has to work. I mean, during the school year it just means the little ones will be under feet for the next two days and begging to play Nintendo DS or the big ones will be asking which friend they can have over or go somewhere with.

I actually love Sundays, truth be told. They are a day where we all are together. No one works. Usually half of us go to church (which is next door, btw - no real hardship to get there) and we're out by 11. Sundays during the winter months are usually the best for me. I cook a little and then take nice leisurely naps on the sofa in front of the TV. Ahhhhhh...niiiiiiiiccccccce. It is like my own little slice of heaven on earth.....

So yeah, today is Friday and nothing is different from the four days that came before it. I'm doing laundry and cleaning the house. Can't wait for Sunday though....... :)

4 comments:

  1. I am much more a lover of Saturday as well!! :). I concur.
    I also wanted to tell you that I love you.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda like Monday mornings......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen about Friday. Besides everything you already said, there's never anything good on tv!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like sunday afternoons....ahhhhhh, heaven.

    ReplyDelete