Friday, April 17, 2009

TGIF, I think?

Quick update as I have a shower calling my name (can you smell me yet?)

Exercise. It's going. I'm definitely getting into a groove, but am also kind of getting discouraged because the scale is not going down. I know I should've measured myself to see if inches have come off, but I really thought the scale would change. Gah. I told hubby last night that it is SO hard to keep working and working and working at something when you don't see any change. I try to remember that just getting exercise is healthy for the inside of me too, but what I wouldn't give to see some outward change, you know?

The kids. ALL healthy! YAY! Bec has been on break all week and the boys start their break today. Jeremy left last night for Myrtle Beach. I miss him SO much already. I did text him this morning and he's doing great. I told him I loved him and I got back "I love you too Mutti". You bet your bottom dollar I locked that text. I can look at it on those days I'd like to wring his neck and he'd like to wring mine. ;)

The coming weekend. Not much planned. Hopefully will get my garden set (made larger & tilled with new topsoil & manure). I'm itching to get it going although I did start a bunch of seeds in the house already. I also plan on planting my herbs this weekend in tubs that I can bring in next fall.

Preschool screening. I am SOOOO proud (sorry Sara that you have to hear it again...lol)! Em went to a preschool screening yesterday as I'd love to get her into preschool as a role model next year. She freakin' did FABULOUS! The speech teacher told me her language skills are right up there with a 3yo and she has NO issues. She also mastered all the motor skill tests. It was a bit bittersweet to see her being able to do things I know David has trouble with, but overall it was really wonderful to know that she is on/above target right now. I told hubby that when you have (had) children with learning/speech issues, seeing another one of your children not have any issues feels even better.

Oh and before I forget...the pre-k teachers informed me that David will be in all day Kindy next year. I'm happy only for the fact that it will be easier for them to get him his OT & Speech services during the day. It also means that if Em gets accepted into pre-k, I will have either a morning or afternoon to myself FIVE days a week. I'm so excited I could piddle....fingers crossed.

2 comments:

  1. fingers crossed indeed!!! WTG Em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I said earlier, WTG Emma! :O) And great news about David in the full day program as well. Enjoy your gardening weekend (I take it the dirt was for you?) Love you and I'll TTYS...

    ReplyDelete