Monday, Monday.
This weekend went by pretty quickly which really just is in line with the week before it which zoomed by. Time just does not stand still these days.
Friday we had B's friend, Adri stay over. She is a senior at J's high school and attends B's high school part time (just Arts courses). The girls fell asleep before 10pm which should tell you how exhausting Dance Fest (and the lead up to it) was. We didn't do much Friday evening. T wasn't up for dance as we've all been fighting a cold this week. Hubby and I along with Dn. & Dv. went to spend some time with Nana during the evening as hubby's mom & sister were out that evening. Nana is well into her 90s and just is starting to not remember things. She spends the winters with my MIL & FIL and then goes back to her home sometime in May. I brought her some chocolate chocolate chip cookies and we had some tea. It was a nice quiet visit.
Saturday brought more rainy, cold weather. I did the treadmill that morning and had intended on doing some Pilates too, but the kids were crazy that morning - especially Em. She must've had 14 accidents and went through 20 pairs of underwear. The last straw was that she had a bm on the potty and never told anyone so she could get wiped properly. GRRRRRR. Anyway, after I showered both of us, we took a little nap. Hubby worked most of the day, J. had A. over and then around 9pm hubby and I brought Adri home, went to Evil-mart so we could get the stuff we needed for T's birthday & lasagna dinner the next day and then came home & hubby brought A. home.
I woke up on Sunday and started on getting T's requested cake done (angel food w/choc. pudding in the middle). I cleaned up the kitchen a bit and poured some coffee. I had full intentions of heading to church and then just decided not to. Bad me. I felt a bit guilty, but I worked that off on the treadmill, doing some arm work and pilates. I must've done one of the pilates moves the way I should have because my arse (glutes) hurt ALL day. I found that doing the exercises without the video talking to me is better. I can concentrate on making sure I'm doing the moves properly instead of making sure I'm keeping up. hahaha I'm not the most coordinated person. Thankfully my girls seem to be a bit better at the coordination!
So I started getting the lasagna prepared, the french bread baked and the salad made. At the last minute, I had hubby invite his single uncle who lives about 20 minutes away. By the time everyone arrived (around 4pm), I was just finishing up the salad and waiting on the whole wheat french bread to come out of the oven. I felt really discombobulated yesterday - like detached from things. My brain was fried and I just could NOT focus. It was really very weird. I was exhausted, but I couldn't sit still and my body literally ached from the exercise of the morning.
We sat down and ate. Well, the adults sat around the table (along w/Em) and the kiddos made their plates and found a place somewhere else. I hadn't put the leaves in the table or made sure we had plenty of extra chairs (again, I don't know where my head was yesterday). Even still, I don't think we can fit more than 12 around the table and we had 14 all together. Just about the time I started clearing the table, my BIL & SIL pulled in. I had ordered a cookbook from my nephews' & niece's school PTO and I wasn't able to pick it up last week so they were dropping it off because they were at my SIL's sister's house which is about 15 minutes from here. It was a bit awkward to have them show up since they weren't invited, but everyone else was. Hubby, bless his heart, was quick to invite them all in for T's cake, but BIL insisted that they needed to get home and left. I'm waiting to see if having everyone here, but them, causes ill will between SIL & I. I hope not. I had explained to SIL that we planned on having a kid party for T at a local indoor play place at a later date and that my nephew would be invited to that. This is standard operating procedure for BIL & SIL. There have been more times than I can count that we've not been invited to their home, but the rest of the family has been. Anyway, fingers crossed. I'm not in any mood for drama. Adding to the "Will there be drama?" question is that I found out that SIL may not be going to Cape Cod for Easter. My MIL (whom I invited to Easter dinner last week when I found out they weren't going) asked if we wanted to have dinner at her house. I asked her why because we all know I'm nosey like that. She told me about SIL staying home and I told her that no, we'd have dinner here, but that I would extend the invite to SIL (and whoever does not go to the Cape - apparently BIL is still going with some of the children??) I sent the email invite out this morning so we shall see. I cannot imagine SIL wanting to spend her free time with us, but it will be fine if she does. The more the merrier!
T loved his dinner, enjoyed his gifts and his cake & ice cream. Everyone left around 7:30. The boys made their lunches, took showers and then we all crashed out in my bed watching the beginning of Madagascar. Hubby got home around 9pm (he had to pick B up from youth group & drop A. off) and put the boys & Em to bed. He then was nice enough to give me a full body massage. Seriously - after the pain I had been in ALL day, I think I cried with joy a few times.
All in all, a pretty good weekend. I just hope that I am able to focus this week. Seriously, this not being able to focus stuff sucks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment