Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Good measure?

Nah, not really.

I took the advice of a dear friend and measured myself last month. Yesterday was the day that I brought the measuring tape out again. I managed to lose 1.5" except not where I really wanted to. D'oh!

I lost 1/2" on each thigh and just over an inch on my bust line. I gained in my waist, but AF hasn't arrived yet so when she does, I'll re-measure. I'm hoping that's bloat. Yep. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. As far as the scale, I have not been able to get lower than 158 and fluctuate as high as 163 (although that was after this weekend which included LOTS of food and very little exercise). I am hoping that this next month shows better progress with the measuring.

On another front, I planted most of the garden yesterday. I have 42 tomato plants left. Um, I think I over did it? lol We have some topsoil left from a tri-axle dump a month or so ago, so I am going to plant some in pots and leave them in the garden area (within the deer fence). I hope we have armloads of tomatoes. Nothing at all beats a homegrown garden tomato. I also will have to plant the herbs in buckets as there will be no room left once I'm done with the veggies. I still have more radishes, more sunflowers (I may plant the sunflowers up near the house or along the circular drive in a bed or two), turnips, peppers, 2 kinds of cukes and zucchini.

Obviously from the pain I feel this morning, I worked some muscles I didn't even know I had! I am moving like a snail and if I don't start to get the kinks out soon, I think a couple of Advil liquigels will be advisable. Sigh. Did I mention that today is dance class? And that I will have to stretch. And dance. Gotta love "Mommy & Me" classes. If Chris wasn't so busy, I'd ask him to be the Mommy for the day. There have been lots of Daddies in class over the course of the the past 9 months. Perhaps I'll go easy on the tread this morning since I have to face the garden again today after lunch. I will say that being busy certainly cuts down on the stuffing your face phenomenon. I ate 3 square meals and had just two pieces of German chocolate w/hazelnuts after dinner last night.

Off to coffee, breakfast & tread although the way this morning is going, I see a nap in Em's near future so dance may be off....

1 comment:

  1. wow! that made me tired just reading it!!
    How about some pics of your garden when you get a chance??

    ReplyDelete