Friday, March 27, 2009

TGIF

It's been a long week.

Today is day 5 of exercising for the week. I've been doing ok. I think I likely need to step up my exercise time to see any difference in body weight. Not so sure I'm ready to step it up quite yet. I'm just going to keep going as is for a bit I think. As I commented on my friend Julie's blog, slow and steady wins the race. The pilates is doing some good though. I highly recommend Gaiam's Beginner Mat Workout. It is only about 25 minutes long and has modified versions of all the exercises for people like me who have let their stomach/core muscles go to hell in a hand basket. I also have some exercises with my large exercise ball that I use as a desk chair. The ball is also really handy for stretching out my back & extra ab work.

I also was in conflict with hubby most of the week. I tried to blog about it yesterday, but nothing made sense. I just cried and cried. I'm not cut out for hurt & anger lasting anymore than a couple of hours. This went on for like 3 days. When he didn't even say good bye to me yesterday morning, I about burst a gasket. I teetered in between grumpy & basket case all day. Thankfully he came home early, we talked and sorted things out. Making up is super awesome, but the conflict part really took its toll on my whole body/mind. I am just plain tired today.

Looking forward to a good weekend. Today's high temp is supposed to hit 60 degrees. I'm so ready for spring. If D didn't have a dentist appointment this morning, I would SO be walking outside, but since I can't, I have to make this short & sweet and head to the treadmill.

3 comments:

  1. Hugs and lots of love to you, my friend...

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you and your hunny are doing better. I hate being upset for that long too. Love you so much Di and hope that you know how great you are.

    I have been starting regular exercising too. Good times (ahhhh the sarcasm is thick in that one)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're feeling stronger both mentally and physically. Next time you need to talk you reach out.. it doesn't have to make sense.

    LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete