It's another Monday. Hooray :)
I was happy to sleep in this morning although I do have quite a bit of laundry to do. Ok, a rather big bit because I slacked off at the end of last week and did nothing all weekend. The house probably could use a good cleaning too, but that will have to wait until tomorrow. I refuse to try and clean while the kids are home from school. It is a battle I will never win while they are small I'm afraid. It's ok. I know the dust bunnies and dirt in the sink will be there tomorrow. As long as the kitchen is clean, I'm ok for today.
Friday was fun. Bec brought home a friend from school so they could get ready for ACT's first semi formal dance. Bec and I shopped on Wednesday evening for a new dress & shoes for her and ended up with a pretty mid thigh length empire waisted dress. We also had to buy her a new bra - OMGOSH - Does she have boobage now!!! She came into my room before I had to leave for T's dance and asked me to pin the dress because she was a bit embarrassed at the amount of skin it was showing in the chest area. Hubby had offered to chaperone and so he brought both girls to the school and stayed. He and I texted back and forth a few times while he was there. I took T to dance with the other younger ones (J was home alone) and then went to hang out at the IL's for awhile. The kids had taken a movie for the wait at dance and I giggled through most of the movie (Barnyard). I still haven't actually seen the movie, but I listened to it. I can see why my kiddos like it!
Things are much better now that AF arrived. She arrived right on time Saturday and I had to take her to the big party that night. The fact that my mood was more even keeled was a blessing. Hubby and I did make up the other day and he did apologize. He knew I had a headache, but he also thought that I was using it as an excuse to play hooky from being in David's classroom. Perhaps he is a little bit right, but I just couldn't handle a headache and a room full of 3-5 year olds. I'm sure this probably makes me some kind of terrible mother, but since I know I'm not up for the MOTY award anyway, I'm ok with that.
We arrived at J&L's St. Paddy's party bringing a 12 pack of Corona Light & a lime, freshly baked Irish soda bread and some yummy, seedless raspberry empanadas just for L. By midnight I noticed Chris and I were keeping pace drinking (4 or 5 each). Ooops. I stopped drinking, ate some of the yummy food and started drinking water instead. Thankfully these parties are always late ones so by the time we walked out the door at 10 of 3 (yep - 3 in the morning) I was nothing, but tired, and my feet were killing me from wearing my black high heeled boots (how I love thee even more so, my ugly yet comfortable crocs). I also knew that we could sleep at J&L's if needed or we could have called Jeremy to pick us up in his car.
Sunday I woke up at 8am after getting less than 5 hours of sleep and got my Sunday school lesson together. I drank some diet coke w/lime (they taste very good when you only have them every couple of months) and went to church. They've changed the set up at church and I wasn't sure I'd like it much. Instead of having Sunday school during the time the sermon is going on in the sanctuary, we have it after church. I was afraid church would be over much later, which honestly eats into the one day we have as a family, but was pleasantly surprised. I thanked God for helping me keep an open mind because during the week I was very upset with the whole thing and had stewed about it over and over again. I also was proud of myself for not falling asleep during the sermon. I even held my yawns in until right at the end. Not too shabby. I can even tell you what the sermon was about - even if it was just in general terms. ;)
So Sunday afternoon after I ate some lunch I put on the race and promptly slept the rest of the day. I woke up at the end of the race, made supper (pancakes, bacon & homemade maple & brown sugar oatmeal) and then helped David & Daniel with their homework projects. I then went back to bed, but I didn't sleep until after midnight. I guess maybe my nap was a bit too long?
I'm glad that the weekend was overall pretty nice. I didn't exercise at all on Saturday or Sunday, but I did make it a full 5 days so that is better than nothing. I've found that fitting in at least 30 minutes of exercise each day is much easier than trying to find an hour. Shoot for 30 - anything over that is just a bonus, right?
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think 30 minutes is great, Di! And I'm proud of the 5 days, for sure.
ReplyDeleteI'd love to hear what the sermon you stayed awake for was about. :)
Next time you'll have to have a Guinness instead of a Corona on St.Paddy's Day :).
ReplyDeleteMiss you!
lol G - I drank two Irish coffees (made w/Jameson's whiskey) on the actual St. Paddy's day at my ILs house. We always have a traditional corned beef & cabbage, boiled potatoes & carrots dinner there. I wore green too and made sure everyone was. ;)
ReplyDelete