Saturday, March 28, 2009

It was a good day :)

Friday was a good day.

Bec did not have school because of a teacher professional development day. That meant I could take Dn. to the dentist without worrying about getting Da. out of school early or dragging Em along with me. Although, truth be told, the kids see a pediatric dentist now so the office is clearly geared for them.

After I had dropped Dn. back off at school, Bec and the two little ones and I headed over to the dance store. Bec has Dance Fest this week at school and she needed to get a new leotard, full body tights and some foot underwear. Yes, foot underwear. $20 for a thin piece of fabric that slides on over your toes and that has two small pieces of cowhide on the bottom so that you can spin on stage without pulling the skin off of your feet. She tried them out in an open dance room while T. was at dance last night and said that they work great. They better for $20. Seriously...why can't I think stuff up like this?

After the dance store, we headed over to see my mother. I have not seen or heard from my mother since Christmas time. I have to admit that I've been a bit surprised that I haven't heard from her. I was sick all friggen' winter so going over there was out of the question. My mother's husband has a degenerative lung disease so any type of respiratory illness could stick him in the hospital. It was an ok visit on the whole. Seeing the kids makes my mom happy although she is always weepy when I leave. I have a hard time listening to her husband complain that her prescription (Excelon) is $230. This is the med that she takes for her Alzheimer's. If he wants to continue to live in his house and not a nursing home, he really should shut up and be grateful that they can afford the prescription! He had her in tears over this before I left. He really pisses me off if you couldn't tell, but I digress....

We hung out at home for a bit, had a quick dinner (soup...need.to.go.grocery.shopping) and took T. to dance. We then headed over to the ILs because my awesome MIL bought Bec some new ballet shoes (hers were falling apart) and she needed to try them on. Hubby met us there a bit later and then we all headed for home around 9pm.

I guess the nicest thing about yesterday was not only spending the day out with half of my kiddos, but also the fact that hubby and I were texting each other all day and missing each other. This is the way life is supposed to be....these are the things that make it all worth it.

3 comments:

  1. sounds near about perfect to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! What a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Persoanlly, I was more fond of Saturday. ;o)

    ReplyDelete